Pages

Tea Tuesday: Youthberry & Wild Orange Blossom

This blend of two Teavana teas, Youthberry & Wild Orange Blossom, is the "free" ounce that I picked up from my visit to Teavana. It was the sample they had set out at the front of the store so I'm guessing it is quite popular.

Looking at the dry tea it is filled with big chunks of fruit. It actually look like there are barely any tea leaves in the mix. And the chunks make it a bit tricky to scoop. It also has the most amazing flavorful scent to it. It is so strong I almost think they must do something to bump up the flavor. But I love it and it makes me crave the tea which plays well into using the tea as a special treat.

I treated it like a white tea with slightly cooler water and a short brewing time and was a bit worried because herbal fruity teas generally need a longer brewing time. But there was nothing to fear as it imparted a wonderfully fragrant and lightly fruity flavor. I haven't tried a ton of white teas but believe this mildness to be fairly typical. It also brews up to a lovely pinkish color. Quite fun.

With so many flavors I think I'd be hard pressed to pick out many single notes. The tea as a whole is a giant burst of fruityness with more subtle floral undertones. The one flavor that I can unsurprisingly pick out is that of orange. Orange isn't a flavor that I would normally crave in my tea. But with all of the other flavors around it this particular blend is quite delicious.

All in all it makes for a perfect very summery bright flavored tea. Excellent for mornings or anytime really.




Teavana Youthberry & Wild Orange Blossom:

Youthberry White Tea: "Delicate white tea gets its youthful blush from red currants, açai berry, hibiscus and rose petals. Candied pineapple and mango pieces mingle with Fuji and golden delicious apples in this sweetly timeless elixir. Refreshing sweet pineapple and fruity acai berry infusion with subtle floral finish. "
Wild Orange Blossom Herbal Tea: "A tribute to the plentiful citrus groves along the Indian River, this bright favorite blends orange slices and pretty rose petals. Refreshing orange infusion with light floral undertones."

One word of caution however. I happened to have a particularly kind Teavana sales person who put together this one ounce sample for me. Normally I think they would only sell a minimum quantity of 4 ounces of this blend and it would get quite pricy.

No comments:

Post a Comment