Pages

Hedgehog Factory

Hedgehog Factory, that is what I should now turn my attention into becoming.

Upon completing and posting about the first hedgehog I knit as a baby gift Father suggested knitting some to sell at the Library. Specifically that I make up six by 5/15 to be sold at the Penn Dry Goods Market.

I was just looking atwww.schwenkfelder.com and totally didn’t realize the market was such a big deal. According to the website the Pen Dry Goodsis  Market is “An Antiques Show and Sale Featuring Antique and Vintage Textiles and Americana plus Textile History Lectures and Classes”.  They have a bunch of programs and workshops. So it’s more than just shopping! I guess I ought to pay more attention. And I’m not quite sure how my crafts fit in but hey added foot traffic to the gift shop is good.

Sp anyways, now my goal is to accomplish 6 hedgehogs by 5/10.

I've been knitting up my hedgies using this super excellent FREE pattern. It calls for some fancy yarns but I went with simply soft because I happened to have it in the right colors. The belly uses just one strand and knits up super fast and easy. The back/body originally was just a bulky yarn. But I like the extra excitement and prickle look at the fun fur gives it. And then two strands of simply soft round everything out. It is kinda dreadful to knit. I actually have to do it in small spurts because its a bit taxing on the hands.

But they really are so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment